Our focus here at Galilee is to continue to provide support for families (in-person & virtually) while creating opportunities for your children to continue to grow in their faith. Currently, on Sunday mornings, we are offering in-person childcare (toddler – PK) and Children’s Chapel during all three services. A reminder for all parents and caregivers to please ensure a mask is worn by children ages 2 and up due to the rising Covid rates in our area. All of our Children’s Team members have been fully vaccinated and will continue to be masked as we are committed to maintaining the utmost caution while nurturing the youngest in our church family. Our childcare rooms (Toddler – PK) can be found upstairs on the 2nd floor. Older children are dismissed for Chapel after the first reading and return during the Peace in time for the Eucharist with their families.
Our weekly Children’s Program for elementary children (beginning September 5th) will meet upstairs between the 9:15am and 10:45am services. Our high school Student Leadership Team helps teach and facilitate the lessons along with adults that are part of our Children’s Team. Both students and adults assisting are fully vaccinated and masked.
Ways To Stay Involved
- Make sure to check out our weekly Galilee YouTube video for Children’s Chapel along with printables that can be downloaded for additional family faith activities at home.
Visit Our YouTube Channel
- Themed Bible Lesson Chapel Bag pick up beginning September 5th for families who are currently more comfortable having family formation at home. More details to come!
- Have your children check the mailbox as our Monthly Mailers will begin again this September.
- Mark your calendars for some of our Fun Family Fall Events (all outdoors @ Galilee)
- Sunday, September 5th 9:30am – 11:30am Drive Through Blessing of the Backpacks
- Sunday, October 3rd 3:00pm -5:00pm Blessing of the Animals
- Saturday, October 30th 8:00am – 10:00am Welcome Home parade for veterans
- Sunday, October 31st 9:00am – 1:00pm Costume Party Pumpkin Carving
- Saturday, November 6 6:00pm – 8:00pm Movie Night + Apple Cidar
- Sunday, November 28th 9:00am – 1:00pm Advent Festival (make your own wreath)
- Saturday, December 4th 5:30pm – 7:30pm Movie Night + Hot Chocolate
Student Leadership Team (High School)
Our student leaders enthusiastically give their time to Galilee service projects and on Sunday mornings by teaching lessons during our Children’s Program for our youngest members. They also participate as mentors and assistants for numerous children’s events throughout the year. Many participate in our acolyte, lector, greeter, and usher ministries as well. This is a wonderful leadership opportunity for high school teenagers to help spread God’s love within our church and the surrounding community. If you know of a student that would like to join our team please email moc.liamg@3ralliteillil for more information.
Here at Galilee, we firmly believe that children aren’t just the future of the church. They are seen as a valued part of the entire church community which is why they are welcome to take part in any and every activity within the life of Galilee. If you know of an adult that would like to be a part of our team please email moc.liamg@3ralliteillil for more information.