- During the 9:00 am service elementary aged children may participate in Children's Chapel or our Children's Choir. We also welcome middle and high school helpers for these programs. Children are dismissed after the first reading and return during the Peace in time for the Eucharist with their families. At the end of the 9:00 am service there is a children's cross procession that leads the way upstairs for our Children's Program that meets from 10:10 am - 11:00 am.
- Our weekly Children's Program meets upstairs from 10:10 am to 11:10 am in rooms divided by age. Our high school Student Leadership Team helps teach and facilitate the lessons along with adults that are part of our Children's Team. We use a customized curriculum that focuses on actively engaging children with interactive object lessons and independent prayer stations that connected to Bible stories following the liturgical church calendar.
- During the 11:00 am service elementary aged children may participate in Children's Chapel. They are dismissed after the first reading and return during the Peace in time for Eucharist with their families.
- Make sure to check out our Children's Table by the sanctuary to pick up some activities before heading into the service. Also keep your eyes out for the Action Bibles all throughout the sanctuary for some extra reading time.
- If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask our Director of Family Programs, Lillie Tillar. You can also look for anyone with a name tag that says 'Children's Team' to help point you in the right direction.
- Here at Galilee, we firmly believe that children aren't just the future of the church. They are seen as a valued part of the entire church community which is why they are welcome to take part in any and every activity within the life of Galilee.
Nursery, Toddler, and Preschool Care (Infant - 5 years)
Our Nursery, Toddler, and Preschool program is focused on providing a nurturing, creative and safe environment from an infant through age five. Paid professional workers staff these rooms. All childcare workers are First Aid/CPR certified and have completed the Safe Church training as required by the diocese. Toddlers and preschoolers have an opportunity to experience an interactive curriculum by being introduced to a new Bible story or theme each Sunday. Through storytelling, songs, games, play and crafts they explore these age appropriate lessons. Our nursery is located downstairs. Once you enter the main side doors, turn right, and there will be an elevator on your left. The nursery is located directly across from the elevator on the basement level. Our toddler and preschool rooms are located upstairs. The stairs in between the sanctuary and Gift Shop will lead you to the children's classrooms. Turn left at the top of the stairs - the toddler room will be on your right and preschool room on your left.
Children's Chapel (Pre Kindergarten - Elementary ages)
Children are dismissed during the 9:00am and 11:00am services for Children's Chapel. They meet upstairs in the big welcome room on the children’s hall. They hear the story and lesson of the day, and say their Children’s Creed, The Lord’s Prayer, and Prayers of the People. We welcome responsible middle and high school students to join us to serve as helpers. Chapel Leaders usher the children back to their parents in the sanctuary—during the peace and just before Holy Communion.
Children's Program (K - 5th grade)
Our Sunday Children's Program meets from 10:10am - 11:00am upstairs on the children's halls to participate in hands on activities, Bible memory verses, special worship time, along with creative projects.
Student Leadership Team (high school)
Our student leaders enthusiastically give their time to Galilee service projects and on Sunday mornings by teaching lessons during our Children’s Program for our youngest members. They also participate as mentors and assistants for numerous children’s events throughout the year. Many participate in our acolyte, lector, greeter, and usher ministries as well. This is a wonderful leadership opportunity for high school teenagers to help spread God’s love within our church and the surrounding community.